Addiction Treatment in Idaho
While addiction often feels like an isolating experience, you are far less alone than you may believe. Substance abuse and addiction affect millions of people every year. 46.3 million people in the United States, or 16.5% of the population, experienced a substance use disorder in the past year. Unfortunately, many people choose to suffer in silence instead of seeking the lifesaving care they need through addiction treatment in Idaho.
Addiction isn’t just a national problem, either; it affects Idahoans locally, too. From alcohol to opioids, substance abuse is a serious problem in Idaho. It’s easy to think you’re the only person dealing with the problem but you are not. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction in Idaho, you don’t have to deal with it alone. Help is available as soon as you’re ready for it. Reach out now to get the care you need.
Idaho Addiction Statistics
Substance abuse in Boise and the greater area of Idaho is an ongoing problem. Despite efforts to limit its impact, addiction continues to maintain a strong grip on people throughout the state. Research reveals some alarming statistics about the effects of addiction in Idaho:
- 5.9% of adults and 1.7% of adolescents in Idaho report having an alcohol use disorder
- 2.6% of adults and 3.3% of adolescents report an illicit drug use disorder
- An estimated 437 Idahoans lose their lives to alcohol-related causes every year
- An estimated 343 Idahoans lose their lives to drug overdose each year
- 4% of Idahoans reported pain reliever misuse in the last year
- 14.2% of high school students in Idaho report misusing prescription painkillers at some point in their life
- Doctors in Idaho dispense 53.4 opioid prescriptions per 100 people, higher than the national average of 46.7 per 100.
Finding Addiction Treatment in Idaho
Addiction treatment in Idaho is oftentimes the first step to freedom for anyone experiencing substance use disorder. If you’ve tried to quit on your own but haven’t been able to stop, finding an addiction treatment program may be the best solution for you. There are a few different types of treatment programs for substance use disorder including:
- Detox: Detox is the first step for anyone who cannot stop using drugs or alcohol on their own. Long-term, heavy alcohol and drug use often cause physical and mental withdrawal symptoms when someone tries to stop using them. Detox provides a safe, supervised environment where providers manage your withdrawal symptoms for the first few days after you separate from substances.
- Inpatient Treatment: Inpatient treatment programs, also called residential programs, are usually the next step of addiction treatment in Idaho. These programs provide round-the-clock care including treatment services during the day and living accommodations during your stay. Inpatient programs typically last between 30 and 90 days.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: Intensive outpatient programs, often referred to as IOP, are the next phase of substance abuse treatment. They function as a transitional period between full-time treatment and returning to everyday life. IOPs usually provide between 9 and 15 hours of treatment per week. This gives you time to return to work, school, and other responsibilities while still receiving a high level of care in a treatment environment.
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling: Drug and alcohol counseling is the final stage of a comprehensive treatment program. Once you’ve laid a solid foundation during the first stages of treatment, drug and alcohol counseling offers ongoing support for your recovery as you reintegrate into your life. It also offers a space to begin working on other aspects of your mental health that weren’t your primary focus during acute addiction treatment.
Your path to addiction treatment in Idaho may involve only a few or all of the levels of care outlined above. The best treatment approach is one that addresses your particular needs instead of a one-size-fits-all mold used across the board. And that’s where Emerge Recovery comes in.
Emerge Recovery: A Comprehensive Approach to Treatment
Emerge Recovery is dedicated to doing treatment differently. It’s not just something we say; it’s in everything we do. We recognize the gaps that often go unaddressed in traditional treatment settings, from an approach that isn’t truly individualized, to a lack of family involvement, to not considering all aspects of addiction-related health.
The Emerge Recovery difference offers a genuinely comprehensive approach to addiction treatment in Idaho. Our smaller-scale operation allows us to provide the one-on-one time, care, and attention that you need and deserve. To learn more about the services we provide, schedule your no-fee Recovery Activation Call today, or call us at 888-273-8624 for immediate assistance.
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (2022). Mental Health in Idaho.
- Idaho Office of Drug Policy. (2021). Prescription Opioids Fact Sheet.
- Idaho Office of Drug Policy. (2020). Idaho Alcohol Use Fact Sheet.
- Idaho Office of Drug Policy. (2022). Idaho Opioid Misuse and Overdose Strategic Plan.
Emerge Recovery: Drug Rehab Done Differently
Too many traditional treatment facilities impose a one-size-fits-all approach to recovery. There are limitations to individualized programming when working with a large number of clients. Scaling down the client ratio is what empowers the difference at Emerge Recovery. You’re not simply another client in the center; you’re a person with dreams, goals, and desires that were stolen by drug addiction.
Emerge Recovery exists to separate you from substances, heal the things that keep you stuck in the cycle, and guide you to reconnect with what it is you want from life. You aren’t here to live in a drug-induced haze; you’re here to build a beautiful life worth living. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
Reach out to learn more about Emerge and find out how we can help you today.